The History of Organic Pale Ale
Wider availability of organic malts has made it possible for Samuel Smith's to produce a classic pale ale from all-organic ingredients. Developed in 2011 and 2012 after many test batches and tasting sessions; replaced Sam Smith's Organic Ale.
A classic malt-accented, copper-colored pale ale in which subtle fruity esters from the Samuel Smith yeast strain interact with caramel flavors - from organic crystal malt - and fresh hops.
Dungeness crab salad, free range herbed chicken, hummus, smoked salmon and masala. Serve in traditional Samuel Smith nonik.
5/5 Stars, Highest Recommendation, Spirit Journal, December 2016
90 Points and "Top 25 Beers of 2014," Wine Enthusiast, April 2014; review here
Gold Medal - 93 Points, World Beer Championships, 2013; notes here
Product Sizes and Quantities
- 18.7 ounce (550 ml) "Victorian Pint" bottles / 12 per case
- 12 ounce (355 ml) bottles / 6 - 4 packs per case
ABV: 5.0% - OG: 1.049 - IBU: 31
Ingredients: Water, organic barley malt, organic hops, yeast.
Nutritional info: Serving Size - 12 oz. (355 ml). Calories: 200; Total Fat 0 g (0% Daily Value); Sodium 40 mg (2% DV); Total Carbohydrates 17 g (6% DV); Sugars 0 g; Protein 2 g (4% DV). (Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie daily diet.)
The Beers & Ciders
- Imperial Stout
- India Ale
- Nut Brown Ale
- Oatmeal Stout
- Organic Pale Ale
- Organic Apricot Ale
- Organic Cherry Ale
- Organic Chocolate Stout
- Organic Cider
- Organic Perry (Pear Cider)
- Organic Raspberry Ale
- Organic Strawberry Ale
- Pure Brewed Organic Lager
- Gift Box
- Taddy Porter
- Winter Welcome Ale
- Yorkshire Stingo
- Samuel Smith's Brewery website
- Samuel Smith Salute
- Samuel Smith family product sheet
- Samuel Smith UK Soil Association Organic Certification (Expires May 31, 2017)
- EU list of organic certifying agencies, showing UK Soil Association.
- USDA Nat'l Organic Program page, showing USA & UK equivalence agreement.