The History of Pure Brewed Organic Lager
Lightly kilned organic lager malt grown in the UK is the main ingredient, with a substantial addition of organic UK Vienna malt. Samuel Smith's has begun to source organic hops in England; some of the organic hops used in the recipe come from New Zealand. Certified Organic by the USDA-accredited UK Soil Association. In 2012, Pure Brewed Organic Lager replaced Pure Brewed Lager and Organic Lager; UPC codes are the same as Organic Lager.
Bright straw-gold color; medium body. Pure barley malt flavor and herbal hops in perfect balance. Clean and crisp, with brilliant conditioning.
As an aperitif, or with Quiche Lorraine, Crab Louis, poached salmon, or grilled halibut. Serve in traditional Samuel Smith tulip glass.
Product Sizes and Quantities
- 18.7 ounce (550 ml) "Victorian Pint" bottles / 12 per case
- 12 ounce (355 ml) bottles / 6 - 4 packs per case
ABV: 5.0% - OG: 1.045 - IBU: 25
Ingredients: Water, organic barley malt, organic hops, yeast.
Nutritional info: Serving Size - 12 oz. (355 ml). Calories: 170; Total Fat 0 g (0% Daily Value); Sodium 0 mg (0% DV); Total Carbohydrates 8 g (3% DV); Sugars 0 g; Protein 2 g (4 % DV). (Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie daily diet.)
The Beers & Cider
- Imperial Stout
- India Ale
- Nut Brown Ale
- Oatmeal Stout
- Organic Pale Ale
- Organic Apricot Ale
- Organic Cherry Ale
- Organic Chocolate Stout
- Organic Cider
- Organic Raspberry Ale
- Organic Strawberry Ale
- Pure Brewed Organic Lager
- Gift Box
- Taddy Porter
- Winter Welcome Ale
- Yorkshire Stingo
- Samuel Smith's Brewery website
- Samuel Smith Salute
- Organic Lager retail shelf talker
- Samuel Smith family product sheet
- Samuel Smith UK Soil Association Organic Certification (Expires May 31, 2016)
- EU list of organic certifying agencies, showing UK Soil Association.
- USDA Nat'l Organic Program page, showing USA & UK equivalence agreement.